The retail value of the U.S. coffee market is estimated to be worth $48 billion. Since Americans love coffee so much, you can make a great living brewing and serving coffee at a shop of your own.
In fact, independent coffee shops have about $12 billion in annual sales and as long as you’re working hard and are serious about succeeding, you can do quite well.
In addition to coffee, there are plenty of other beverages and snacks that you should offer your customers to really ensure a successful year. Here are some items that you should consider selling at your new coffee establishment:
- Bagels and donuts -- There is nothing better than having a cup of coffee in the morning with a nice bagel or donut.
- Soup -- Americans eat more than 10 billion bowls of soup every year. Offering hot soups to your customers will give them a nice meal to sit down and enjoy while they have a cup of coffee and read the newspaper.
- Salad -- Every coffee shop should offer some healthy food options, as well. Though not too many of your customers will order a salad with their morning coffee, your lunch and evening customers will certainly love a few salad options.
- Candy -- A lot of your customers will stop for a cup of coffee on their way to driving their children to or from school. If there are some candy options available, the kids will certainly be happy. Plus, your employees will enjoy the occasional piece of candy during those long shifts, too.
- Orange Juice -- Though plenty of Americans enjoy coffee, there are a lot of people who don't. But that doesn't mean they won't come to your coffee shop. There is nothing wrong with eating a bagel with a nice glass of orange juice each morning, so make sure that's an available option for your loyal customers.
If you want to improve your coffee shop this year start by acquiring a variety of coffee and food accessories! Search for Hot Cup Factory to view our inventory online today!