Here are some great tips for operating and running a great deli in 2018:
- Hire hardworking and friendly employees -- You could have the tastiest sandwiches in the area, but if your employees are grumpy, lazy, or disengaged, your customers aren't going to enjoy visiting your deli shop. Having motivated and friendly employees is the key to any business, especially food service.
- Stay up-to-date with logistics -- The logistical aspects of a business aren't exactly the most entertaining, but they are essential. During the first six months, make sure you're up-to-date with everything, including paperwork and legalities. Additionally, you need to ensure that food safety is always at the top of your priority list.
- Offer hot soups -- In 2016, approximately 32.1% of deli operations planned to concentrate on enhancing their soup stations. People love eating hot soups with various meals. And hot soups paired with cold subs is one of the greatest lunch combinations in history!
- Get creative -- So many shops fail because they try to emulate a competitor or similar shop. What works for one organization won't always work for another -- so it's best to find an authentic and creative approach to your own deli.
- Produce everything from scratch -- There aren't too many delis that make all its own food from scratch, which will give you a significant advantage. Just because buying cheese or roasted ham from another company might be a little easier, you could do much better by making all of your own food.
If you want to learn more about opening and running a successful deli in your town, or find quality hot soup containers and hot paper cups, give Hot Cup Factory a call right away -- and good luck!