Due to the Supreme Court decision in Wayfair v South Dakota, many states are now requiring online sellers to collect and remit sales tax even if they do not have a physical presence in that state. More information can be found here
If you already have a Tax ID and Resale Certificate: Send it to us at email@example.com! We will update your customer profile so that orders placed under your account will not be charged sales tax.
If you need to obtain a Tax ID and Resale Certificate: Follow the steps to apply and become registered for your state!
1) Apply for your state's sales tax ID. Below, we have attached the necessary forms by state.
2) Fill out your state's sales tax exemption form (sometimes called Sales Tax Certificate or Resell Certificate).
3) To complete your registration of your sales tax exemption form you will need to refer to the specific instructions for your state. Here is an article that can provide some guidance.
4) Once your certificate is valid email this certificate to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
5) We will review the form and update your customer profile to ensure you are not charged sales tax on your purchases!
Disclaimer: we do not provide tax, legal or accounting advice. This is for informational purposes to help you, and is not intended to provide, and should not be relied on for, tax, legal or accounting advice. You should consult your own tax, legal and accounting advisors as needed.